Smash Stack Guide
Smash Stack is an exploit created by Comex that uses a flaw in the custom stages in Super Smash Bros. Brawl to load unauthorized code on the Wii. It works for all System Menu versions and cannot be blocked by Nintendo. The Japanese version was created by Y.S. and works the same way comex's version. The PAL/Korean version was created by giantpune and also works the same way.
Smash Stack by Comex (North American Version)
Smash Stack by Y.S. (Japanese Version)
Smash Stack by giantpune (European/Australian/Korean Version)
- Note: There are 2 versions of the PAL/KOR exploit. One is if you have save data for SSBB and the other is if you don't have save data. Most of you will use the "w/ save" version.
What you need:
- SD card (No larger than 2GB, not SDHC) formatted as FAT16 or FAT32. (Super Smash Bros. Brawl only reads SD cards, not SDHC)
- SD card reader for PC or a PC with one built-in. (Cameras or other devices can work)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl that has been played on your Wii at least once.
- Some homebrew to load (In this case, the HackMii Installer)
- Go to the Stage Builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if your Wii has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service. (You will need to wait at least 24 hours for the stage from the Smash Service to be automatically deleted before trying to run this exploit. DO NOT go on Wi-Fi once the Smash Service stage is deleted.)
- If your SD card has a "private" folder with saved stages, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold". Having other saved stages on the same card will screw it up. (You can skip this step if you don't have any stages on the SD card.)
- Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card. (Root means not in any folders; Just on the SD card.)
- Note: If you are using the PAL/KOR version you must put the file "st_smashStackPK.bin" in the right folder;
- PAL users create "SD:/private/wii/app/RSBP/st".
- KOR users create "SD:/private/wii/app/RSBK/st".
- Put the stage you downloaded in that folder.
- Take the HackMii Installer "boot.elf" and copy it to the root directory of your SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the Wii.
- In game, go to Vault --> Stage Builder and the homebrew on your SD card will load. Enjoy!